Update 18-apr-2018: Thanks to everyone who applied for the 2D environment artist position. At this point we're no longer seeking new applicants. Should we have any additional job opportunities in the future, we'll post about it here and via @SupergiantGames.
Our art team is growing! In addition to our contract position for a 3D character artist, we’re seeking a 2D environment artist to join us and help make the worlds of our games more beautiful and atmospheric than ever before. This is an on-site, full-time position at our studio in San Francisco.
- Collaborate with the Art Director to create shippable environment assets; from concepting, to painting and integrating into our pipeline, to final polish.
- Collaborate with Art and Design teams to ‘beautify' maps, levels, and environments in accordance with the creative goals and technical requirements; taking environments from graybox design to final quality.
- Assisting with marketing and promotional art.
- Occasionally take on additional art duties as necessary.
About the Candidate:
- Excellent environment art, with a strong sense of color and composition.
- Experience with beautification and environmental set dressing.
- Excellent digital art skills with an appreciation for traditional mediums.
- Love for environmental worldbuilding, able to execute on isometric tilesets.
- A distinct creative voice with ability to execute across a spectrum of styles.
- Organized, responsible, and able to work autonomously.
- Effective at and open-minded about communicating, learning, and teaching.
- Effective at creatively and collaboratively problem solving.
- Must be proficient in Photoshop. Experience with map editing tools a plus.
What we Offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Benefits: Health, dental, vision, and 401(k). Generous vacation policy.
- Creative, open office in a great neighborhood.
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line "2D Environment Artist". Include a link to your portfolio as the first line, and your resume in the body of the email (no attachments please). Please provide a brief description of the following:
- What are your artistic inspirations?
- What changes might you make to improve the visual experience of one of our past titles?
- Your power animal. What is it?!
Please be aware that a paid art test may be requested as part of the evaluation process for the position. We will be accepting applications for this position until April 3, and will follow up with prospective candidates by mid-April.