Update 18-apr-2018: Thanks to everyone who applied for the 3D character artist position. At this point we're no longer seeking new applicants. Should we have any additional job opportunities in the future, we'll post about it here and via @SupergiantGames.
Our art team is growing! In addition to our 2D environment artist position, we’re seeking a 3D character artist to join us in the creation of various characters and creatures for our next game. This is a full-time contract position with the option for working remotely.
- Model and texture high-definition characters and creatures under the supervision of the 3D art lead.
- Deliver on artistic / creative goals while adhering to production, gameplay, and performance requirements.
- Occasionally assist with marketing / promotional art, and additional art duties.
About the Candidate:
- Expert-level experience with zBrush.
- Organized, responsible, and able to work autonomously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong familiarity with Supergiant’s titles; general interest in video games.
- Experience with 3DS Max, Maya, Mudbox and other 3D Suites.
- Ability to rig a plus.
- Knowledge of Python a plus.
- Experience and interest in traditional art a plus.
We offer competitive compensation, flexibility in whether you work remotely or on site, and a collaborative environment where you’ll have many opportunities to make key contributions to our next project.
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line "3D Character Artist". Include a link to your portfolio in the first line, and your resume in the body of the email (no attachments please). In your note, please also provide brief responses to the following questions:
- What are your artistic inspirations?
- What changes might you make to improve the visual experience of one of our past titles?
- Your power animal. What is it?!
Please be aware that a paid art test may be requested as part of the evaluation process for the position. We will be accepting applications for this position until April 3, and will follow up with prospective candidates by mid-April.